Sunday, December 17, 2017

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

Hello Quilters!  I bet everyone was busy this past weekend getting ready for the Big Day!  It was crazy busy at my house, but I finally got to rest on Sunday and do some sewing.  A while ago when at the Attic Window Quilt Shop, I purchased the Double Wide Dresden ruler.  Excited to try it out I made ten of the Dresden's and sewed them onto a white background.  But didn't know what to do with it.  Eventually I tried my hand at some embroidery to perk it up, then today I quilted it and sewed on the binding.  I think it will be an okay table mat.
This is a closeup of the center and a little look at how I quilted it.  I can't wait for the new book filled with projects for this new ruler to come into the shop.
Then I did some applique.  I talked about these circles in my last post.  Today I attached them to the background.  Next is to sew them together with the triangle squares that I showed you yesterday.  I still need two more of those triangle squares from Sewn By Leila blog in her year of scrappy triangles. 

AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
  • UFO Day, Monday, Dec. 18
  • Bee, Tuesday, Dec. 19
  • Civil War BOM, Tuesday, Dec. 19
  • Sampler, Wednesday, Dec. 20
  • Farm Girl BOM, Wednesday, Dec. 20
  • Civil War BOM, Wednesday, Dec. 20
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, Dec. 21
  • Stitch-In, Friday, Dec. 22
  • CLOSED:  Dec. 25 and Dec. 26
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
Caroll,
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

1 comment:

Annie said...

I think it’s way more than an okay table mat! I think it’s a wonderfully festive table mat. Your embroidery detail adds beautifully to this design. WOW, what fun it looks like you’re having with the triangle squares and the circles! Looking forward to seeing these blocks come together.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo