Sunday, June 18, 2017

A THANK YOU AND NEW START!

Doing applique prep work this weekend.  I know I'm on the mend because I could not stand it one more minute.  I had to go down to my sewing room and get started on a new project.  Whoopee!

How about you?  Hope all of you had a wonderful weekend.  We finally got some much needed rain here in Grand Rapids. And what does a quilter do on a rainy day?  Go to the Attic Window Quilt Shop and pick up some of that new fabric that has just arrived.
  • New Shop Hours beginning June 1 through August 31 -  Monday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Tuesday through Thursday  10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Friday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
  • JUNE CALENDAR is now available.  You can see the month at a glance by clicking on the hat lady on the sidebar.
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  • Marjorie who asked the question that was on the blog recently said this: 
    "Thank you for getting my question answered.  It is true finding something you didn't know was lost while looking for something else.
      My project for next month is to organize using the clear plastic boxes.  I think I need to de-junk my sewing projects/patterns.  I have in folders patterns going back to 1968!  After reading the suggestions I know I just try to keep too much stuff!!
        I am also getting a tray for my sewing area to keep the small things in.
          A big thanks to you and your readers for the help, now I just need to get busy.
            I finally did find Ellie.  In the last place I looked!!!! It had slid under a stacking bin I keep on the top of the filing cabinet to hold current projects.  I had to lift up the bin to find it.
              Thank you for your help and suggestions.
                Happy sewing,  Marjorie"

                AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
                • Tuesday Bee, Tuesday, June 20
                • Row X Row starts Wednesday, June 21
                • Sampler and Bee, Wednesday, June 21
                • Farm Girls, Wednesday, June 21
                • Doll Bee, Thursday, June 22
                • Stitch-In, Friday, June 23
                • Machine Applique Scrappers and Stitch-In, Saturday, June 24
                ON ANOTHER NOTE:
                Caroll,
                Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

                No comments:

                lkjlkj

                Attic Window Teachers

                Attic Window Teachers
                Attic Window Teachers

                Quilting for Kids With Cancer

                Quilting for Kids With Cancer
                Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

                Quilts For Wheels

                Quilts For Wheels
                Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
                Quilting Bloggers Logo