Monday, December 19, 2016

 Not much sewing going on around here this week.  I did get some time to work on these blocks that I started when at Happy Scrappers at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  I think I'll make four more blocks, apply a border and quilt it.  It is a great way to use up my scraps.
This is a closeup of the block.  Each square in the block is 2 1/2 inches.  I think the most time consuming was going through my scraps and cutting the squares.  You can read more about this block (name and where to find the pattern) by going here.

Happenings at the Attic Window Quilt Shop
  • Tueday Bee, Tuesday, Dec. 20, 10-1
  • Sampler, Wednesday, Dec. 21, 9:30 a.m.
  • Farm Girls BOM, Wednesday Dec. 21, 10-1
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, Dec. 22, 10:30 a.m.
  • Close at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 24
  • Closed, Monday, Dec. 26
    ON ANOTHER NOTE: 
    • Em's Scrapbag has a tutorial for Uncut Diamonds, another way to use your scraps. 
    Caroll,
    Caring , Sharing and Creating Smiles

    3 comments:

    Lynn said...

    Very cute!

    Annie said...

    I love your scrappy quilt. Splashes of color with white is always a winner for me.

    Northern Deb said...

    Love your scrappy quilt. I started a scrappy one myself just last weeek....all this cold and snow makes me want to stay in and sew.

    lkjlkj

    Attic Window Teachers

    Attic Window Teachers
    Attic Window Teachers

    Quilting for Kids With Cancer

    Quilting for Kids With Cancer
    Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

    Quilts For Wheels

    Quilts For Wheels
    Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
    Quilting Bloggers Logo