Monday, December 5, 2016

A LITTLE CRAFT DAY OF MY OWN

I was thrilled when my Granddaughter Toni asked if we could have a craft day like we had last year.  I had almost forgotten that last year some of my great grandchildren came over for an afternoon and we played in my sewing room making Christmas ornaments.  So, last weekend we had Craft Day at my house.  Above is Toni and my great grand daughter Claire.

Here Claire shows us her cyclops snowball.  How original!
 Nora is in the first grade and she made this cute ornament.
Above is granddaughter Kim and great grandson Carter.  Here he shows you a snowman he made of all buttons.
Carter is hard at work peeling crayons to make stained glass ornaments.
 He also made a door knob hanger.
 
The Moms had to help with a few things.
I don't think this is an ornament.  Carter made this and he said it is a snowman on skis and it will sit under the tree.
 Claire made this cute little kitten in a stocking.
This is a picture of just some of the clever creations they made that day.  Oh, I forgot, we made paper beads too.  See the necklace above top right that Nora made?  What fun!  I have lots more pictures but don't want to bore you.
 And then they were gone.  I miss them already.  Before they left I made them promise to come back next year for Craft Day at my house.
 When they arrived the sun was shining and all was dry.  When they left, this is what it looked like outside.  Let the fun begin!

Happenings at the Attic Window Quilt Shop
  • Bee, Tuesday, Nov. 6, from 10-1
  • X's & O's NYB Wall Hanging, Wendesday, Nov 7, 10-4  Cancelled
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, Nov. 8, from 10-3
  • Rising Star, Friday, Nov. 9, from 10-4 Cancelled 
  • UFO, Friday, Nov. 9, from 3-9
  • Happy Scrappers, Saturday, Nov. 10, from 10-5
ON ANOTHER NOTE:  
Caroll,
Caring , Sharing and Creating Smile

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Looks like such a fun and productive day

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo