Sunday, November 6, 2016

WHO SAYS PIECING IS EASIER?

When I first saw this pattern I thought it was all applique.  If you read my earlier post, you know that it is all piecing.  Yikes!  As I got into making this it occurred to me...people always complain to me about all the prep work involved in applique.  Well...
Piecing involves a lot of prep work too.  I spent hours cutting, marking, sorting all the pieces involved in making this table runner.
Then there was trying to figure out the pattern (my brain has a little problem with that) and stitching the little pieces to the correct place on the other little pieces.
Then there is all that trimming involved.  I hold my breath every time I do the cutting, hoping I'm not making a mistake.
Most of my mistakes involved picking out stitches.  Since this pattern has reverse blocks in it, I was totally confused.
However, I think I got the blocks going in the right direction.  I had planned on making the sandwich and quilting it today, but too late I discovered that there was a broken needle in my machine and I didn't have another one.  My Pfaff is very particular about which needle I use.  Hope to get to it tomorrow. Then you can see it at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  You can also find the book The Trendy Table there.

JINGLE BELL HOP:

Don't forget to stop in at the Attic Window Quilt Shop and pick up your Passport for the Jingle Bell Hop which takes place from Nov. 11 -19.  Passports are only $5.  Along with the purchase of a passport you will get a free pattern, store discounts, and your name will be entered into daily drawings.  Each shop will offer a grand prize of a $50 gift certificate.  You won't want to miss this!!!

Happenings at the Attic Window Quilt Shop

  • Charity Quilts, Monday, Nov. 7
  • English Paper Piecing Bee, Tuesday, Nov. 8
  • Happy Scrappers, Wednesday, Nov. 9
  • Folded Star Ornament, Thursday, Nov. 10
  • UFO, Friday, Nov. 11
  • Happy Scrappers, Saturday, Nov. 12
  • CHANGE: Craft Days has changed.  They are: Saturday, Nov 26 and Friday, Dec. 2.  Sign up now!
Be sure to check the calendar on the sidebar for happenings this week at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.

ON ANOTHER NOTE: 
Caroll,
Caring , Sharing and Creating Smiles

1 comment:

Denice Barker said...

Well! congratulations on finishing it and I applaud your determination! Better you than me!!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo