Wednesday, September 30, 2015

MUG RUG MAKING DAY AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP

We made Mug Rugs at the Attic Window Quilt Shop on Wednesday.  I'm not sure what the ladies were talking about when I took this picture, but I am sure that everyone had a great time.  All that laughter going on convinces me of that.
Marti got right down to business and was the first to finish making her Mug Rug.
Above, Marti shows her finished project.  She used Michigan State fabric and fussy cut to get her unique design.  I love it.  I forgot to ask her who she was making it for.  I know my granddaughter would want one of these.
This is a closeup of Marti's Mug Rug.  Fantastic!
Next to finish her Mug Rug was Joyce.  There were three different designs each participant could chose from.  Joyce chose this one.
This is a closeup of Joyce's Mug Rug.  I love the decorative stitching around the edges.
Joyce was a bit of an over achiever.  She finished two mug rugs and started to make a Dresden plate one. She said she was surprised at how easy it was to make the Dresden blades.  I'm eager to see this finished Mug Rug.

Above, is the start of Greta's Mug Rug.  She decided to use the Dresden ruler to make her Mug rug.

Greta added her own style to her design as she made two rows of blades.  The small brown pieces on the edge are fabrics she was auditioning for the binding. Also, Greta wanted to hide behind her Mug Rug when I took the picture and I made her lower it so I could see her face.  What a pretty smile!
This is a closeup of Greta's Mug Rug.
Can you guess who is making this Dresden Mug Rug?
Here is the completed Mug Rug.
And who is it hiding behind this colorful Mug Rug?  Can you guess?  She's the one who keeps us all laughing.  That Rosa...she wouldn't lower her Mug Rug for me to take the picture.  We got a good giggle out of it.

It was a fun and productive day.  I hope everyone enjoyed the class as much as I did and will join us at Happy Scrappers and other events and classes at the shop.

DON’T FORGET: 
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, October 1
  • Bargello Place Mats, Thursday, October 1
  • Ruby Short McKim BOM, Friday, October 2
  • Sampler and Bee, Saturday, October 3
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  • Sweet P Quilting has a link to a free pattern for an adorable dog.
  • This is an interesting article I thought you might be interested in.  Quilt Skipper has an article telling all you need to know about Frixion pens.
♥ Caroll, 
Caring , Sharing and Creating Smiles

2 comments:

Mary said...

All the mug rugs are wonderful! Like the idea of the Dresden. Good way to use those stitches on the machine! Hope you are having a great day.

bobbi said...

It always looks like great fun at the Attic Window Quilt Shop--thanks for your fun posts and photos, Caroll and ladies all!
And I´ve updated my old links on Pilot pens on my blog, too--thanks for the newest information on that, and I will continue to use them for some projects....
Hugs, Bobbi

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo