Monday, August 31, 2015

A LITTLE SHOW AND SHARE

 Last week as I was entering the Attic Window Quilt Shop, I saw that the Tuesday Bee had ended.  I quickly accosted Gerry as she was leaving. I knew she would have something to show us.  She graciously dug through her bag and showed me this long strip that she had pieced.  As always, I'm amazed at Gerry's piecing skills.
This is a close up of the strip.  Gerry said that each little square in the four patch finishes at 1/2".  This is her first strip.  She needs to make more and each strip will have a 5" sashing between it.  She said that she needs 444 four patches to make the quilt!  Yikes!  I wish I had her patience and focus and piecing skills!  I always love seeing Gerry's work.
Pat A.  also stopped by the shop that day.  I think she was looking for some backing.  When I saw this Jar quilt I had to get a picture.
This is a close up of some of the jars.  I bet she had fun looking for all these wonderful fabrics in the jars.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:


♥ Caroll, 
Caring , Sharing and Creating Smiles

3 comments:

Nancy Page said...

Wonderful work, ladies! You are sharing such great things done by those who enter the Attic Window Quilt Shop! Thank you! Lots of inspiration here! Another great link as well. Love the mug rug! Thank you for for sharing that great link.

Have a super great sewing and stitching day.

Lynn said...

1/2" finished! That is tiny. Looks great though.

Allie-oops Designs said...

You sure have some great quilting friends, Caroll! Wow those pieces are tiny. Thanks for the great link for the mug rug!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo