Sunday, March 1, 2015

I NEVER THOUGHT I COULD MAKE THIS

Saturday I attended the Coin Purse class at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Above are the samples that the teacher Marilyn brought to class.  What a collection.  We thought the larger one would be perfect for a Bridesmaid.  However, for this class we all made the small coin purse.
After Marilyn explained how things were to be done and showed us the various frames we could choose from, we got down to the business of sewing.  Above, Lynn shows us her finished purse.
This is a close up of Lynn’s coin purse.  Isn’t it adorable?  I love her choice of fabrics.
This is the coin purse that I made for my friend Phyllis. I never thought I could make something like this.  It looked way too difficult for me.  As I've said in the past, "I only do flat."  But Marilyn made this so easy.  I came away feeling like a Pro!
 I had to leave before everyone was finished but did want to show you how Barb was coming along with her purse.  She is in the final stage of the hand sewing.  Cute fabrics.
Diana was just finishing up her hand sewing as I left.
Diana has one of those fancy phones and sent me a picture of her cute little purse all finished!  Thanks Diana!

Marilyn will be teaching a “Sew Together” bag soon.  I’ll post about it as soon as I learn the date.  Can't wait to take that class.  Marilyn is a great teacher and the bag looks so cute.

ON ANOTHER NOTE: 
A Farm Wife’s Journal has a tutorial for a candy hearts table runner.  Make this now and you’ll be all set for next Valentine’s Day.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I have never made a bag with this kind of closure. I have always wanted to try it though. All of your little bags look great!

Mama Pea said...

I have always wanted to make a bag like that. I'm jealous you got to take this class!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo