Thursday, August 7, 2014

WELCOME A NEW BLOGGER

I’d like to introduce you to a new blogger.  You’ve met Cathy M. before as she often attends classes and Bees at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Cathy is an avid quilter and has participated in our Mod Squad (Modern Bee) which meets the fourth Wednesday of the month at the shop.  Cathy was also among the first to attend the newly formed Grand Rapids Modern Quilt Guild and is now its official blogger.  I’ve told her how much fun she is going to have with her new blog.  Quilters are the best!  I’ll have a link to the Grand Rapids Modern Quilt Guild blog on my sidebar; in the mean time you can see Cathy’s first post here.  Let’s all stop by and leave Cathy a welcoming comment. 
Above are just a few of the new books in at the shop.  They all look interesting, but I have my eye on one…well maybe only one. 
This week I did finish this scrappy quilt.  I’ll tell you more about it after I show it to the Happy Scrappers on Saturday.  I used my “ugly” fabrics to make this quilt.  Actually, I don’t think there are any ugly fabrics, only ones I don’t use any more.  How about you…do you feel that way about fabric? 

DON’T FORGET
  • HAPPY SCRAPPERS meets this Saturday at the shop and the following Wednesday.  Anyone interested in this fun Bee is welcome to attend.
  • Vickie S. will be teaching you how to use the Squedge Tool on Friday, August 15th from 10-2 p.m.  We will learn how to use this tool and make a table topper or table runner (your choice).  The fee for is $10.
  • AQS Quilt Week in Grand Rapids begins Wednesday, August 20th, at DeVos Place Convention Center.
ANOTHER NOTE: 
  • Did you go check out the Row By Row Shop Hop website?  This is a must for anyone traveling
  • How do you feel about curve piecing?  I love the look and want to master the technique.  Lynn of Alamosa Quilter has a wonderful curve piecing tutorial!  I’m going to try this one!
Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

5 comments:

Barb said...

love your scrappy and that pillow below...awesome

bobbi said...

Oh there isn´t a quilt happier than a scrappy beauty, love your pattern and might be allowed to try that one someday, too.... :o) Hugs, Bobbi

Unknown said...

I would like to know how I can get the pattern for the a toast to coast to coasters it is in your magazine on April,20,2011. If I can get the pattern can you please send it to me by my email. email is (duster3446@gmail.com) please and thank you I really like the pattern Thank you again
Yours Truly Debbie Lovell

Unknown said...

PS can you Please reply back to me thank you again

Unknown said...

can any one help me get the pattern for the a toast to coasters it is in the 2011 magazine

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo