Wednesday, August 27, 2014

HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED TO YOU?

I now know what it feels like to throw a party and no one comes.  Last night I prepared a demo for the Mod Squad group today.  This morning I loaded my car with everything I could possibly need for the day, packed my lunch, and went to the Attic Window Quilt Shop, and sat there all by myself.  No one came!  Boo Hoo!
Actually, it was a productive day for me because instead of flitting around talking to everyone I got a private lesson from Chris.  I had picked up one of her pillowcase kits the other day and decided to put it together.  Chris helped me understand the directions (you know I have problems with directions) and Jill showed me how to finish the inside seams so there were no raw edges!  Above, Taitum (Chris's Granddaughter) is holding up my finished project.  She is such a pretty young lady and I’m sorry I couldn't show all of her, but I figured any woman of that young age would die if I posted a picture with her eyes closed.  But you can see her pretty smile!
This is a close-up of the fabrics.  I love anything with cats.  Chris has quite a few of these kits available in various fabrics.  The directions are included and the price is great too.
While there, Jill’s daughter, Megan stopped by.  She showed me her adorable snowman table runner that is now finished.  I think when I showed it before it was only in mid-stage of being completed.  Of course, she did not want me to take HER picture. LOL
I also got to see this quilt of Megan’s.  Previously I could only show the pillow because the quilt was being quilted.  You can read about the pattern here
I also took a picture of my table runner.  I made this last year but never quilted it because, with all those sharp angles I didn’t know how to attach the binding.  When I mentioned this to Chris, she showed me a different way to finish it.  I had it quilted and finished in one afternoon.  Actually, I’m glad I didn’t put any binding on it because I think it would have taken away from the design.  The pattern is from the book Flower Festival by Kim Schaefer and you can get it at the shop.

SHOP INFORMATION:
  • The Shop will be open on Saturday, August 30th, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
  • The Shop will b e CLOSED on Monday, September 1, for the Labor Day Holiday.
ANOTHER NOTE:  
Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

4 comments:

bobbi said...

Yes, that happened to me for one of my English classes at Bosch some time ago--each and every of the 9 engineers in class couldn´t get away from their workstations that day. And yes, it´s VERY weird, couldn´t shake the "Twilight Zone" feeling, kept checking what day it was, if my watch was right etc. :o) Luckily the secretaries in the next class period were available, so it wasn´t a wasted drive.
Glad you found lots to keep you happily busy at the shop--and love the way you finished your tablerunner!!! Hugs, Bobbi

Lynn said...

Unfortunately, that happens to me all too often at my LQS! It is nice to get some of my own sewing done though instead of helping others.

Love your pillowcase. Those are so fun to make! I also love Megan's quilt. I remember you showing the pillow and so glad to see the finished quilt now too. That would be a fun one to do in scraps.

Allie said...

I would have come if I could!!!! I had so been hoping my friend and I could get up for the quilt show, so disappointing that we couldn't...I love your table runner, Caroll, and how you finished it, it's perfect!

nhuthuy said...

Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ mua hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ order hàng mỹ hay nhận mua nước hoa pháp từ website nổi tiếng hàng đầu nước Mỹ mua hàng ebay ship về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo