Sunday, August 24, 2014

APPLIQUE FLOWERS FOR YOUR WALLS

How about you?  Do you like appliqué as much as I do?  I told you about my new project last week.  As I was preparing my blocks to be sewn, it occurred to me…why not mount a block or two on stretched canvas and hang them on the walls?  I suppose it goes back to my early days of marriage when we were poor and had no money to accessorize our new house or buy anything for the walls.  In those days I don’t think hanging quilts on walls was done in California and I really wasn’t into quilting back then.  At any rate, since my new found love for all things sewing, I have decorated my walls with many things that I have made. 
Above my two blocks are brightening a dark corner of my sewing room.  They really are not stretched on the frames correctly as I couldn’t find my staple gun so I just taped them.  I’ll fix them when I find it.  I just wanted to show them to you now and get you thinking about other ways to use your blocks and let your entire family enjoy them.

DON'T FORGET:
  • The Applique Bee meets Tuesday afternoon at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.
  • The Mod Squad meets Wednesday from 10-4 at the shop.  Anyone interested is welcome to join either of these Bees.
ANOTHER NOTE
  • Did you go check out the Row By Row Shop Hop website?  This is a must for anyone traveling. 
  • Wow I Like That has a tutorial for a cute zipper phone pouch.
Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

2 comments:

Denice Barker said...

Cute! And I like the backgrounds you're using for them.

Lynn said...

That's a great idea! Your blocks are so cheerful.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo