Wednesday, May 14, 2014

DANCING WITH THE HAPPY SCRAPPERS

 
The Happy Scrappers met last Saturday at the Attic Window Quilt Shop, so I have lots to show you today.  Above is one block of Janalee's paper pieced quilt.
This is the entire quilt.  Janalee is new to quilting and I am amazed at the fantastic job she is doing.
She was excited about these "crumb" pieces she made during a recent Bee.  I call it making fabric and love what she has done with it.  I bet she will become addicted at this as it is a wonderful way to use those scraps.
Adrienne showed us this pin catcher that she made.  She added batting to this one so she could use it as a pincushion as well.  How clever!
 Diana was busy making these blocks.  I love these fabrics and can't wait to see it completed.
Above, Cathy is laying out her Lone Star Spiral, testing where the New York Beauties should go.  This is going to be a stunning quilt!
Due to recent surgery, Adrienne was still doing hand sewing and making this beautiful quilt.  I think the pattern is Robbing Peter to Pay Paul.  I love her colors.
 Judi was busy working on her applique blocks.  She is sewing them on the machine. I'm sorry but I forget the name of the pattern she is using.
We are not all work.  A little fun was going on too.  When the song "Happy" came on the radio I was able to snap a picture of Lee Ann, Chris, and Peggy dancing.  What fun. 

ON ANOTHER NOTE:   Sewn Up has a tutorial for a Zig Zag Quilt with embellishments.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

2 comments:

Lynn said...

What a fun group! And talented too

Mama Pea said...

I love that Tigger block! I swear, each time I see one of those scrappy blocks, I just love them.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo