Tuesday, April 22, 2014

NEED ANOTHER BAG?

Since I have problems with piecing, I tend to shy away from patterns that involve too much piecing.  However, when I saw this bag pattern and how it is made, I had to try it. As I read about the pattern I learned that I could have  perfectly-matched seams using the Quiltsmart interfacing technique.  That it involved easy construction.  That it was a roomy, comfortable bag.
The above picture shows you the inside lining.  As I made the bag, I realized that what the pattern said was true.  This pattern was easy to make and the piecing a breeze since it is done with the  Quiltsmart printed interfacing.  It indeed does make difficult looking patterns easy! The squares of fabric are placed on a fusible interfacing printed with a grid, and this makes everything easy to sew, and I got accurate piecing. 
This is a copy of the pattern.  Included in the pattern are instructions and two Quiltsmart printed fusible interfacing panels to make one Mondo Bag. You can get the pattern at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Quilt smarter, not harder!

ON ANOTHER NOTE: When blog hopping I saw on Bejeweled Quilts a link to a free pattern.  Go see what Barb did with the pattern, then go to Sew Happy Geek to get the free baby quilt pattern. 

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

5 comments:

Lynn said...

I've seen the interfacing before but not the bag pattern. Your bag turned out great!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

I have made this bag and just love it....so did my daughter so I really need to make another one for....me.

Barb said...

What an adorable bag...I too don't like piecing that much.

Mama Pea said...

I've always thought it would be interesting to try this.

Nancy Page said...

Love this bag! Will have to look for the pattern. It would be interesting to try. Thank you for sharing.

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo