Thursday, November 21, 2013

THE REST OF THE STORY

 Today I want to show you the rest of the pictures that I took when on retreat in Shipshewana, Indiana.  What a fantastic place and retreat.  As I said yesterday, I think I lost my my mind because when I read what notes I could find I discovered that I had no idea which little description went with what picture.  Consequently I’ll just show you the pictures and only make comments on those that I know are correct.   Besides, there were so many great quilts and so many wonderful people at the event, I was unable to make any choice that would exclude anyone. 

I would like to start today showing you the picture of the quilt that Ruth worked on.  Ruth is the owner of Quilt N Go and put on the retreat.  She does retreats in the spring and fall.  If you are interested, you can contact Ruth at Quilt N Go, 7212 6 ½ Mile Road, East Leroy, MI 49051.  Phone: 269-979-2347.  I would highly recommend this fun filled event!



 You did not see this same quilt yesterday.  Two different people bought this kit and made this beautiful quilt.













Last but certainly not lease is Martha.  She owns horses and other animals on her farm and is making this breathtaking quilt.  It is awesome.
This is a close-up of one of the blocks.  Isn't this stunning.  Wish I could see the finished quilt.  What talent!

MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW:
  • Black Friday Stitch-In will be held Friday, Nov. 28, starting at 8 a.m.
  • Craft Day will be held Saturday, Nov. 29, from 9 – 5.  Join us and make some fun Christmas gifts early.  Four to five projects are being planned for the day.  Class time is free but there will be a small fee for project kits.
ON ANOTHER NOTEPatchouli Moon Studio has the cutest monster pencil bag that would make a cute gift for a child.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

3 comments:

Cccam Server Cardsharing Server said...

Some governmental and too regional laws as well as regulations done awake character pool up and about that protect the privacy involving the cell phone user.

Cardsharing Server

Mama Pea said...

Looks like people were very productive on your retreat!

Nancy Page said...

Looks like a very productive retreat! Lovely results! Great work, Ladies!! Thank you for sharing!

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo