Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I SHOULD HAVE MY HEAD EXAMINED

I swear I think I have the attention span of a gnat.  I have fifty million UFOs and yet I’ve started another new project.  I couldn’t resist.  I needed appliqué!  I needed something to appliqué…anything to appliqué.  So I dug through my patterns and found Fresh Picked Posies by Piece O’ Cake Designs.  I love this block.  It’s not the first one in the pattern, but the one I love the most.  I dug out some bright fabrics and went to work.  Some days are just better than others, aren’t they?

DON’T FORGET:
  • Happy Scrappers meets Saturday at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Chris will be giving a demo on how a way to paper piece that will save on fabric.
  • AQS Quilt Week is the week of August 14-17 at DeVos Place Convention Center.  The Attic Window will have a vendor booth, so be sure and stop by.

ON ANOTHER NOTESamelia’s Mum has a tutorial for a Flutter By Block.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

7 comments:

Lynn said...

I can understand your need! It is a great block!

Annie said...

I can see why you got sidetracked with that block. What fun! And what fabulous fabric choices you made! You go girl. You just have to follow where your impatience leads you. Otherwise frustration finds you. And frustration does not make for a happy quilter. LOL

Nancy Page said...

Love your block!! Sometimes you just need to dig into something new. This block sure lifts the spirits. Thank you for sharing and for the great link. Love the block that Samelia's Mum made.

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

IzzyR said...

Maybe you are just a starter of things and could allow someone else to finish them?? Why not , we send out quilts to be quilted by others too!!!

bobbi said...

Great big smile, Caroll! xoxoxoxox

Unknown said...

very nice ..the colors are good!

Mama Pea said...

Nice! We are so alike. I started a new project at retreat, and I bought supplies for at least to more this past weekend. I'm just as bad! haha.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo