Thursday, May 9, 2013

HAPPY SCRAPPERS MEETS AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP

I had a crazy schedule today, but I wanted to stop by the Attic Window Quilt Shop to see if any of the Happy Scrappers had anything for Show-N-Tell.  Above, Buffie shows us her latest Tea Leaf quilt.
This is a closer look at her quilt.  I love how her inner border blended so nicely so that there is not a distinct line between the inner tea leaves and the outside border.  When you see mine, you will see what I mean as I added a solid blue fabric as my inner border.  Since I want to make another one, and have been collecting flower fabrics for it, I am now going to start looking for a fabric like Buffie used.
I also want to find a backing fabric like this.  Isn’t it lovely?
Remember that last month I asked for volunteers to donate these 12 ½” blocks for a charity.  The one above was made by Bev.  Thank you Bev for your kind donation.
And this one was made by Buffie. Thank you Buffie.  I love your colors.

It's still early and I'm looking forward to getting more blocks for this charity quilt.  There is no time limit.  I will make the quilt once I have enough blocks.  Don’t forget that the next Happy Scrapper’s meeting is this Saturday.

Remember the link I gave you yesterday for the scrappy block?  I saw scads of fabrics in the SALE section at the shop that would be perfect for those end pieces in that pattern .  Take a look when you come to the shop. 

ON ANOTHER NOTE:   I love this woven quilt that Moda Bake Shop has.  You can use the Jelly Rolls as suggested, but I also think this is a great pattern for your scraps.  Take a look.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

2 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Wow! Buffie has outdone herself again! Wish I could have seen that in person! And looks like you got some great blocks donated! If you need more, let me know!

Lynn said...

I love those log cabin blocks. I think I'll add that pattern to my list of things to do with my scrap group.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo