Thursday, May 23, 2013

BAGS AND GIGGLES AT THE ATTIC WINDOW

We had a fun time making bags today at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Teacher Lee Ann seems to be having as much fun as we did.  Lee Ann is an excellent teacher and makes the class fun for an uptight bag-maker like me. I would recommend her classes to anyone.  She said that if you would like to make a different pattern rather than the one featured for a class, just let her know and you can make the purse/bag of your choice during any of her classes.
Sherry seems to be having a good time too.  Shsssh….don’t tell anyone, but I know a secret.  A little birdie told me that Sherry never starts a new project until the one she is working on is completely finished.  I want to sit next to her during our next class in the hopes that some of that discipline will rub off on me!
Rosa (I call her the trouble-maker) shows us the outside of her bag.  I love the fabric she chose for this bag and look forward to seeing a finished bag during our class next week (that is if Lee Ann doesn’t kick us out because of all our giggling).
This is the start of my bag.  Don’t you just love this fabric?  I didn’t know how to quilt it, but after doing a few straight lines I realized these straight lines gave the appearance of rain…perfect for these umbrellas.  I didn’t have enough fabric for the handles so I choose a green that I thought matched fairly well (seen on the upper left).  The gold/orange flowered fabric will be the lining.   I can’t wait to show you the inside of the bag as there are lots of big, deep pockets!

ON ANOTHER NOTE:    Moda Bake Shop has a tutorial for an interesting triangle quilt.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Looks like a great start on your bag! Again, love the fabrics you chose! I think the quilting you did is perfect. I always prefer to keep it simple on bags.

Mama Pea said...

Your bag is terrific, Caroll! I love that fabric, and your quilting is just the ticket.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo