Friday, April 5, 2013

JODI BARROWS TO VISIT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP

Jodi Barrows, author and creator of the amazing Square in a Square® technique, will lecture, demo and have a Trunk Show at the Attic Window Quilt Shop on Thursday, April 11th from 6-9 p.m. Call the Shop to reserve your seat as space is limited.

Over the past twenty years, Jodi has remarkably touched thousands of quilters throughout the world with her unique method called Square in a Square®. Her point of view provides the quilter with the freedom to create most any quilt design with speed and accuracy.  You can read her full bio here.
Several years ago, when I first started quilting I purchased Jodi’s books (well, just the ones out at that time).  As some of you may be aware, I struggle with my cutting and piecing skills.  I never did master Jodi’s technique and I’m looking forward to meeting her and learning how to make all the beautiful projects in her books.  Hope to see you there. 

On Another Note: I know you’ve seen oven mitts before, but I really like the one She Can Quilt has.  This tutorial is for a nice large oven mitt.  Check it out. 

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll 

4 comments:

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Caroll, I have Jodi's Patchwork Stitches book. Love it. Nice to see her coming to the shop. Hugs Judy

Lynn said...

Looks like a fun time!

Allie said...

I think your piecing is fine, girl, you do WAY better than me, lol!

Mama Pea said...

I look forward to hearing what you thought of it all! Her products look interesting.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo