Wednesday, February 27, 2013

YOU'LL LOVE THIS WHIMSICAL GARDEN BOM

Those participating in the Whimsical Garden BOM met Tuesday afternoon at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Above, three of the participants show off their first month’s block.  Some chose to leave the bird’s tail off until the sashing is on because the tail extends into the sashings.  Great job gals!
Above, Chris shows us the block that the participants will be working on this month.
Erma participated in the Cotton Club BOM last year and showed us this quilt top that she had just completed.  I admire anyone who can do such beautiful patchwork, especially with such small pieces!
Recently while blog hopping, I saw this beautiful quilt on Fabrics And Flowers and left a comment about how much I liked it.  I didn’t realize I was entering a giveaway.  What a surprise I got yesterday when I received the pattern for this lovely quilt.  I’m going to take advantage of our current snow storm, and try to get a good start on this quilt!  You can purchase this pattern at Fabrics and Flowers.  Thanks again Sharon!

On Another Note: You will want to read With Heart and Hands and see the many many variations of the disappearing 9 patch.  Wow!  Michele shares her cutting instructions and links and ways to turn a simple block into something that looks complicated!

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll



6 comments:

Mama Pea said...

You must be a good teacher! Their blocks are looking great. I have my cotton club top finished but for the borders. I'm going to take it to retreat to finish those. More space there to lay things out and no dog hair. LOL.

Karen said...

The BOM blocks look great. Love seeing the quilts, too.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Very Pretty blocks. I hope your world is not as snowy as ours. I posted some photos on my blog today. Hugs Judy

Nancy Page said...

Congratulations on your win!! Lovely and super fun pattern! Great blog as well! Thank you for these great links. Love your BOM at the shop. So fun, so whimsical! Looks like everyone knows how to stay busy during the snow weather. Good for you!

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

Sharon said...

You are so kind! Thanks for the mention. Stay warm

Ivory Spring said...

I can sense that red/brown quilt calling my name!!!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo