Wednesday, January 23, 2013

NEW BOM AT THE ATTIC WINDOW

Remember this quilt? Today was the first BOM meeting at the Attic Window Quilt Shop for making this quilt.  It is Whimsical Garden by Piece O’ Cake Designs.
Chris had kits put together for us and we all got down to work.
Most of them wanted to do the Freezer Paper method of applique, which surprised me.  I was more than happy to show them how I do it.  It's my way to applique.
Quilters amaze me.  They are so creative!  It’s a window.  It’s a door.  It’s a light box!
I caught Cathy off guard.  She was really concentrating when I yelled at her to look up.
A couple quilters stopped by just to sew and chat.  What better place to spend the afternoon sewing and being with friends.
This pattern is so versatile.  Last year I took three of the blocks and made this wall hanging.  I hung it in my newly refurbished laundry room.   I can’t wait until next month when I’ll show you the blocks everyone completed.

On Another Note: Chock-A-Block Quilt Blocks has lots of interesting blocks for you.  Scroll down and see them all and how to make them.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

6 comments:

Allie said...

I REALLY wish I was closer. I have this pattern, but making the fabric selections scares me, lol. I wish I could stitch along with you!

Terry said...

I do remember this quilt and I loved seeing it again! :0)

Ellie Q said...

Love how cheery and springy that looks, especially on a cold, snowy day like today! :)

Lynn said...

What a cute pattern! My favorite part is the border. No surprise there!

Mama Pea said...

Oh, come on. Stop it now. I want to do this BOM now. Actually, I'd rather do this one than the one I signed up for (the embroidery one). It's taking too long to get going and I've kind of lost interest. Wonder if Chris would kill me.....

Nancy Page said...

Super great BOM! Super gorgeous and stunning! I love it! Thank you for sharing and have a great time, ladies!

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo