Friday, January 25, 2013

IS IT A TABLE RUNNER OR A WALL HANGING?

This is what I’ve been working on this week.  I posted a picture before, when I had it on the frame.  It is now finished.  Above you can see how it would look at a table runner. (Although, I laid this on the floor to take a picture because it would overwhelm my small table.)
But when you look at it this way you can see how it would work as a wall hanging.  I have the perfect spot for it on a wall in my hall.  This quilt is Flower Pops from the book Skinny Quilts  by Kim Schaefer.  This pattern can be made into a bed runner, table topper or wall hanging.  I had to adjust the pattern a bit since I wanted it shorter than a bed runner. 
I also made this little bunny wall hanging.  The pattern is We’re All Ears in McCall’s Quilting Magazine, January/February 2013.

I'm Linking Up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict today.  Check it out and see what others are doing.

On Another NoteThe Girl Who Quilts has a clever idea for a quilted bathmat.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

13 comments:

Terry said...

I really like it as a wall quilt! It's so bright and pretty! :0)

Mama Pea said...

Caroll, it looks great both ways! I say if it overwhelms your table, use it for a wall quilt. Great job! You got 'er done. Love your bunny, too. How cute.

Laura said...

The colors in this wall quilt (table runner?) really caught my eye. I love the modern flowers. Is this your own design? Use it where it will get seen the most.

Lynn said...

What a great Spring wall hanging! Adorable bunny!

Annie said...

Caroll, what a cute design for your wall hanging! Love those flowers. It has such a fun border design too. I love looking through the Skinny Quilts books. And a sweet bunny for sure!

Elaine said...

I love the wall hanging. Especially the way the flowers pop out. So cute!

Judee said...

Both your quilts are darling.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Either way it's adorable! Love those bright colors and how you did the border.

Sarah Craig said...

Whoop whoop! Both are wonderful (I would go with the wall hanging, as it really shows up those beautiful flowers) and I love that bunny!

Lynette said...

Nice and bright and pretty!Love it :)

GeeGee said...

A dual purpose quilt, how fun is that! Your bunny is precious too. After seeing all your lovely quilts I may have to convert from a traditionalist to a modern quilter. :)

Paulette said...

Gorgeous! I would definitely hang it!

Jeanne said...

It would look gorgeous either place, but I'd probably hang it. I love the bunny, too. Cute projects!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo