Monday, October 8, 2012

MODERN MONDAY QUILT ALONG

It’s Modern Monday Quilt Along time again.  We are getting near the end, as this is block 52 and is called Hash Tag.  I love this block.  I wonder what it says about my psyche when I say I loved the slicing and dicing part, and the freedom…oh the freedom!   Soooo..., before I reveal too much, hop over and see what Lynn’s block looks like, and then go see what pattern Jennifer has for us this week. 

I went to the West Michigan Quilt Guild’s show this past weekend, so the rest of the week I’ll show you pictures from that.  If you are a scrappy quilter, be sure and stop by tomorrow and see what you can do with scraps! I was amazed and immediately went through my trash.  Yes, trash, because I threw away scraps that I thought were way too small to use.  Wrong!

On Another Note:
   Little Miss Shabby has a tutorial for a liberated wedding ring.  Great way to use those scraps.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Are those ants on your background fabric?! That is so cute! I really like this block too! I've done a couple of slice and dice type quilts. They are fun to make and no two are ever alike!

Nancy Page said...

A most interesting block! It makes you look all around it and think about it. Well done! Love the fabric! Thank you for sharing and for the great Little Miss Shabby link.

Have a super great sewing and stitching day.

Mama Pea said...

Great block! I have some of that background fabric. I love it! Well done.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo