Wednesday, September 5, 2012

ALL ABOUT BARB AND NEW BOM

Barb David was also at the Attic Window Quilt Shop last week for the Knotty Girls meeting.  I thought she needed an entire blog devoted to her projects.  Above is one block of the Crabapple Hill Garden Alphabet quilt. 
This is a picture of the full quilt (that's Barb on the right).  Barb does such beautiful work.  I love how she has colored the various blocks.  She said she just uses crayons.  This quilt will be a BOM.  The start date is yet to be determined, so keep watch on the sidebar calendar for that news.
Last Wednesday I had a link to Quilt Story for instructions on making a Monkey Ladders quilt.  Barb saw that in the morning and had this cute little quilt made in time to show us that evening.  She said she had the Little Gatherings fabrics on hand and decided to give the pattern a try.  These are not normally my colors, but I love the rich brown and this line of fabric.  I want to try making one myself.
The above is what Barb worked on during our meeting.  This is also by Crabapple Hill and called Vintage Tin.
This is another piece of the project.  I love this and want to get the pattern as I think it would be perfect for my son who has an auto repair garage.  Barb is not only prolific, but way too inspiring!  I now have three new projects that I want to start.  I just wish she's tell me how to get some extra time!

Sipiweske Quilts had a few free patterns on this page.  If you scroll down you will see a link to the Spring Dreams Quilt.  I think that one is beautiful! 

Reminder:

The West Michigan Quilters’ Guild, “Quilts on the Grand” show is October 5-7 at the DeltaPlex Arena.  Mark your calendar now!

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

3 comments:

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Barb's hand stitching is truly lovely. I especially love the Alphabet Garden Quilt. Beautiful. Hugs Judy

Mama Pea said...

I love the vintage tin one. I am going to do the BOM. I have been nagging Chris about it. LOL.

Lynn said...

That Alphabet Garden quilt is spectacular!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo