Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A CAT AND NEW FABRIC

I have to show you this.  I really did do something other than gab, take pictures, and eat last Saturday at the Happy Scrappers Quilting Bee at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  I made another log cabin paper pieced square.  I love the cat in the center.  I couldn’t resist even though that tan background doesn’t seem to go with the other fussy cut centers.
I also looked around at the Attic Window Quilt Shop and, of course, found some must-have fabric.  Above is Pocket Full of Posies by Windham Fabrics.  I saw that someone was making a child’s dress out of this and thought it was darling. 
The fabric above is called Reflection and is by Red Rooster Fabrics.  I can just see these gorgeous fabrics in my next quilt.  Stop in at the shop and get some of these beautiful fabrics and see what else has come in since I was there.

I know it’s a little late, but not too late to start on this for next year.  Quilt Views & News has a free Liberty pattern for you.  Great stitchery for this kind of weather.

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

2 comments:

Allie said...

The kitty is just darling, I can see why you added it - and it will play nicely with the others and make the quilt specially yours! Love those fabrics, oh yum!

Mama Pea said...

I love that block, and the kitty is great! The background doesn't matter, it looks great. I would love to get me and E. making more. I have picked up some more fabrics that will make great centers. Maybe we can swap some more!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo