Monday, June 11, 2012

MODERN MONDAY QUILT ALONG

Above is my contribution to the Modern Monday Quilt Along.  This is block #36 and not my favorite (all that piecing!).  It was supposed to be four small blocks of the letter H stitched together to make one block.  Well, I think I got carried away with my wonkiness.  Maybe no one will notice when I get all the blocks together.  Take a look at Alamosa Quilter and see what Lynn’s block looks like and then head over to see what Jennifer has in store for this week.

I have so many things to show you and not enough time.  However, I hope you will look forward to hearing about our Scrap Happy Quilters Bee that was held Saturday and Buffie’s words of wisdom about a Pandora’s box.  In another post I want to show pictures and tell you about our youngest Scrap Happy Quilter (you’ll be surprised), and I have more pictures from last week when I stopped in at the Doll Bee.  I really have been doing some sewing too and hope to show you my WIP on the Monster Quilt and my Story Quilt that I started with Mary Lou Weidman and my cow quilt from Mary Lou’s book.  I figure if I tell you now, I’m committed to get to work and finish these projects.  

Sew Sweetness is a blog that I haven’t seen before.  I love this tutorial for a planetary mini quilt. 

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

4 comments:

Lynn said...

I love it Caroll! That one sort of off H is fabulous!

Mama Pea said...

I love it! I love how wonky your H's are. They are terrific! I don't think they are too wonky at all. They are perfect. Way to go! Great seeing you on Saturday!

Amanda said...

I love this block! I didn't realize they were Hs until you said something, but I think that makes it look neater.

Allie said...

GREAT block Caroll - love the colors together, I'm really looking forward to see this quilt all together. You're brave...I can't mention future projects on my blog...if I say it, I feel like I've done it, and it never gets finished!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo