Thursday, March 15, 2012

TRYING SOME HAND QUILTING

I haven’t been able to get much quilting done between spending time with my DIL at the hospital and spending time on the couch because I’m still tired from my cold.  However, I did see something over on Lynn’s blog that I wanted to try and could do while sitting in the waiting room.  Above is a wonky 12” block that I made last week on the sewing machine.  This week I tried some hand quilting on it.

 This is a close up of my work.  Wow, that black thread sure shows up the need to work on and improve those stitches.  However, I love this block and will make it into a wallhanging or hot mat.  I haven’t decided yet.  Thanks Lynn for giving me the idea.  You can see how Lynn’s finished block looks here.

Knotty Girls meets Wednesday evening and I hope to get up to the Attic Window Quilt Shop and get some pictures for you.  It’s been over a month since I last attended, so I bet there are lots of new projects in the works

Have you seen this blog?  Stop Starting and Start Sewing has an interesting post/tutorial on how to turn one fat quarter into five yards of binding!  Check it out.


Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I love your star! I particularly like that you used the same color for each element (points, center, background), but different fabrics. And I like hand stitching that is a bit "wonky" like the piecing.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo