Sunday, September 25, 2011

JOIN THE MODERN MONDAY QUILT ALONG

No, this isn’t a mistake!  I have joined the Modern Monday Quilt Along.  Each Monday, Jenifer Dick of Forty Two Quilts will post instructions for a Modern interpretation of a traditional block. Then on Tuesday, she will post the instructions to make the Traditional block!  There is something for everyone.  These blocks are only six inches square so they don’t take a lot of time or fabric.  I’ve chosen to make the Modern block and if you have read some of my past posts, you will understand why.  I like how this first block turned out.  I still have to put the borders on it, but am waiting until I find the perfect shade of gray fabric, which I’m finding rather difficult to do.    The instructions for last week's Traditional Crossroads block can be found here. Stop by Forty-Two Quilts tomorrow and get instructions for the next Modern block, or Tuesday for the Traditional block.  


NOTICE!  Don’t forget, the First Saturday Bee and the First Saturday Sampler Class will not be held at the Attic Window Quilt Shop this Saturday (October 1) due to the Shop Hop.  The Bee and Sampler Class will meet the following Saturday (Oct. 8) at the usual times.

Have you checked out Sew Many Ways today?  She has instructions for a wonderful Christmas Gift.  Check it out.  
Stay calm! Stay kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

4 comments:

Lynn said...

I was hoping you'd join the quilt along!

Em said...

Caroll, I love the wonky primitive feel of the X! Love to you!!!!

Allie said...

Now that is my kind of block - and I love the orange and grey! Good job!

Mama Pea said...

Love that you are doing this! I can't join in on another thing right now. I'll enjoy vicariously through you! :-)

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo