Sunday, August 28, 2011

BLUE IS BEAUTIFUL!

Things have been a little stressful this past week and there has been no time to post.  Thanks to all who sent notes of concern.  Things are looking up and I did get time to put this table topper together.  Remember I posted about it here.  After that post, a friend at the Attic Window Quilt Shop gave me instructions for making this quilt that showed that I should have used twelve different fabrics instead of nine if I wanted to get a different fabric in each of the nine squares.  Oh, well, I still like it and hope to get it sandwiched and quilted this week, maybe in time for Sarah’s Friday Whoop!  

Don’t forget to check out all the great classes this week at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  The Charm Square Club is new.  This informal little club meets the first Thursday of the month (evening) or the first Friday (day). Lots of ideas!  Classes start this week.  Check out the calendar on the sidebar for details.    And don’t forget that Knotty Girls Bee meets Wednesday evening.  A new month begins this week and the September Sampler meets Saturday.  Yikes!  I have to get my block finished!
 
Pieceand Press had a nice tutorial for a new block.  Check it out!
Stay calm! Stay kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

12 comments:

Just Ramblin' said...

I love your table topper. Of course anything done in blue gets my attention very quickly as I am a blue person. Great fabric choices. Was it hard to do? Nola

Barb said...

I love your topper...looks great. Hope you are doing much better...think of you often.

Terry said...

Your table topper is beautiful! I love the pieced border! :0)

Mama Pea said...

Caroll, your topper is great! I love it with the 9 fabrics and think it looks fine the way it is. Well done! Can't wait to see it quilted.

Been thinking of you a lot and hope you are doing okay. Big hugs to you.

Hope the shop gets in touch with me soon about that Cotton Club. :-)

Take care, my friend!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a beautiful and fun table topper! I'm going to have to stop back and read your other post on it1

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a beautiful and fun table topper! I'm going to have to stop back and read your other post on it1

Allie said...

That quilt is darling - the border is perfect and I love the colors! Good job hon. I am praying for you!

Vicky F said...

Hi Caroll,
I must have missed what's going on with you, but no matter. Thinking of you! Let me know if you need anything.

Your blue quilt is nice and wonky! Have you tried any of the Buggy Barn "Crazy" patterns? I did a heart one and a flower one. They are lots of fun (along with head scratching) too.

Take care.
Vicky F

Cathy said...

Hope all is going better with you.

I love your quilt. I don't think you needed 12 fabrics. Hugs

Michele Bilyeu said...

That really is a stunning table topper. Love it! Thinking of you and hoping life slows down the challenges are little ones at a time. Many thoughts and prayers being sent your way!

Em said...

love love love this, Caroll!!!!!! I see the blue and wonder if it is on purpose or a Godwink that we equate blue with troubled times and a sybol of your week....and the white sashings become silver linings of love notes from friends and loved ones?! I love it just the way it is. When I opened it I was thinking it was tiny and an excellent piece for AAQI and I see Michele's comment above mine..hmmmmmmm! Love to you, Em

Linda said...

Blue IS beautiful!! Love it!! Made such a stunning design!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo