Sunday, April 10, 2011

DO YOU HAVE THESE PROBLEMS?

I didn’t do much in the way of quilting this weekend because of our beautiful weather.  I had to get outside and work in the yard.  The temperature is supposed to drop tonight so I couldn’t resist taking advantage and be in the warm sun.  However, I did manage to make a quilt block, which is the first block of the Sampler series at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Above is a good example of why I do not do much piecing.
I did some un-stitching or  “frogging” (as Linda calls it) and re-stitched the rows together.  However, I still had this problem and had to “frog” again.  

Finally, I came up with this block.  It is far from perfect, but it doesn’t look too bad.  Besides, I’m not frogging on this thing again!  I do like the appliqué beside it.  It is the free block for this month.  No “frogging” there! 

Have you checked out all the wonderful classes coming up at the Attic Window this week?  Carolyn E. will be teaching you how to make a Keepsake Quilt.  Vickie has an interesting class, Take 5 Takes A Walk.  You choose five coordinating fabrics and in four hours you will have a lap quilt.  Glenys has a felt wool wall hanging that she wants to share with you.  I love the looks of wool.  I’ll try to get a picture for you.

Check out Quilt Dad’s Block-a-palooza.  It is a quilt-along that jumps from blog to blog, featuring two original blocks per week.   You will find the links to participating bloggers and their tutorials here
Stay Positive!
Caroll

9 comments:

MB in MI said...

both your blocks are lovely--look like Spring!

Linda said...

Lol! Oh, yes you know that I have those problems! Blocks are so pretty. Love the colors!

Allie said...

I so feel your pain, Caroll! That's why I love applique, lol.

Bethany said...

I love your blocks and the colors. We all have to "frog" our blocks at some time so don't worry.

Quiet Quilter said...

Frogging keeps us hopping! Lovely colors...

Calicojoan said...

Welcome to my world!! LOL!! If all else fails quilt the beegeebers out of it where it doesn't match up perfectly and no one will ever know! :-)

Mama Pea said...

Lol! Yes! I do it all the time! I love how it turned out though. The fabrics and colors are awesome. You appliqué is impeccable.

Nancy Page said...

It is so easy to get block pieces turned around. I have done my fair share of the "frog" thing. The blocks are gorgeous, just right for spring.

Have a super great sewing and stitching day.

Karen said...

Yes I Do!!! I put it down to being a beginner and over eager... Lovely purples, so pretty, great job :o)

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo