Thursday, April 29, 2010

Round 2 - AWQB

Just a quick note today. I wanted to show you my starter block for Round 2 of Around The World Quilting Bee. This one is to have a Christmas theme. I’m not much into red and green together so I decided on a whimsical look with a predominately blue color. This group is so talented I'm excited to see what blocks they put with it. I was concerned about the dark background and thought about a do-over, but decided against it. #1. I decided that I like the dark background against the white snowman. #2. I have to get it in the mail tomorrow. BTW sewing on that batik (background fabric) is difficult!

Do you know how to identify the fibers in an unknown piece of fabric? Check it out at Ditzy Prints. Very interesting.

This is something cute that I saw on Bee She Bags. You have to take a look at “Let’s Talk About SEX.” It’s not what you might think and is really cute. I think we all can relate.

Until next time,
Caroll

5 comments:

Sherry said...

what a cute block I just got into a new swap and I'm doing the Dec block can I ask where you got the patteren for this block and was it easy to do I have 12 to do also

Allie said...

That's a darling block! I love the blue.

Martina said...

I love how your block turned out! Really cute!

Michele said...

Carrol both your santa, and snowman are precious. Did you design them yourself? If not, could you say where they may be found? If you did, are you going to publish them? Michele

West Michigan Quilter said...

Michele, I found the snowman pattern in a book called Rebecca's Patterns First Christmas Edition. It was published in 1996 by Provo Craft in Provo, Utah. Their phone number is 1-800-5638679. I don't know if the book is still available. You might look for it at your local library. I hope you can find the book. It has a lot of cute patterns in it.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo