Sunday, September 20, 2009

AROUND THE WORLD QUILTING BEE

Today is all about the Around The World Quilting Bee. Above is a block that I just sent on its way around the world. I can’t say who it belongs to because you know I’m getting older and my mind is escaping me and I can’t remember who said they did not want to know or see pictures of their quilt. I just hope she likes it.

This is also another block for ATWQB, which I will send on its way tomorrow. I’ve had so much fun working with this group. It’s really been interesting to watch the quilts grow and to see the different blocks that are being contributed. I love applique and used the same method on these blocks as I did in my tutorial here.

Within A Quarter Inch had a great idea the other day. She said that she could never remember when she last changed the blade on her rotary cutter, so she now writes the date she changed it in permanent marker on the blade so she wouldn’t forget. What a great idea!
Allison at Cluck Cluck Sew has a great tutorial for a double hourglass block. Check it out.
I’m on my way Monday and Tuesday to take classes from Mary Lou Weidman. The first class is Hoochie Mama. The second day is the Flower Power class. These look like they will be such fun classes. I’ll post pictures next week.
Until then, have a great week,
Caroll

3 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Lovely.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Barb said...

Love the blocks

Kimberly Mason said...

Love the blocks.

Let me know how the Mary Ellen Hopkins classes go, she's going to have two retreats about 6 hours away (and in the town one of my sons is living) and I'm thinking about it...

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo